[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Lowell Makes Forum • View topic - A Few Project Ideas

A Few Project Ideas

Tell us about projects you are working on or you would like to see at Lowell Makes

A Few Project Ideas

Postby wolff000 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:39 am

I'm just going to throw out some project ideas that I think would be fun for the group to work on and could be used in our space as well.

Pedal Car - I bought plans for one years ago and it has been on my project list for awhile. We could use it to run errands around town and show off what we can do. I imagine something tricked out with leds and our logo, maybe use some of that new electroluminescent paint. That stuff is wicked. If we build a few we could have races!

Vertical garden - These are fun and we could use an automated system to keep water going through it, check ph, etc. Fun and healthy snacks for those that like veggies. They don't take much space and can easily be built with recycled materials.

Painting Station - Not as much fun as the others but having a designated place to paint, shellac, etc would be awesome. It would need to be well ventilated and maybe a couple of good respirators. It would help keep the smell of paint, stain, etc from filling the entire space. I have a small air compressor that is for an airbrush gun I would be happy to bring up for everyone's use. Unfortunately I don't have the airbrush.

Arcade/Mame Machine - We could load it with MAME software and every emulator on the planet and be able to play everything from old school arcade games to some modern titles. A couple of usb ports in the front would even allow for NES, SNES, and Sega controllers for more retro gaming action. The new mario kart is fun but I still love the original the most.

Craft Cutting Station - I have an old cricut that is still hackable with the right software so we don't need to use the cricut cartridges. It will need a pc to feed the data to it. It will cut paper or vinyl with ease. We could also use it to etch thin leather. I'll be bringing it up this weekend sometime.

Entertainment Center - This is one is also more utilitarian than fun. We could make it look awesome though. I have a few old game systems that are collecting dust. Including an Atari 2600 with both types of controllers and a slew of games. An old playstation 2 that still works. Unfortunately games and controllers for it disappeared in a move years ago. Some place to store it all for public use would be nice.

As more ideas come, I will post them. I know I only joined a few days ago but I tend to go all out. If I need to dial it back a notch feel free to tell me. I won't be offended.
If you can't hack it, you shouldn't have it.
wolff000

Re: A Few Project Ideas

Postby wolff000 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:45 am

Oh yea this is Jason by the way. I joined this last Wednesday.
If you can't hack it, you shouldn't have it.
wolff000

Postby leftyfb » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:51 am

These are all great ideas! We have some of them on the wiki page http://wiki.lowellmakes.com

Feel free to post some of them there along with some details to help get the projects started. Just about everything at Lowell Makes was created or repaired by a member or more after they decided it was a good idea. It's a do-ocracy.

I personally am very interested in the following:

- building a MAME cabinet
- virtual pinball machine
- entertainment center (sort of already started)
- craft cutting station (I'm already working with Paul on setting up some large, low profile tables for general crafts and textiles
- vertical garden ( http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:376158 )
leftyfb

Postby karen123 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:35 am

i think the idea of vertical garden is awesome. i have never thought about this but now i am seriously considering this.
karen123

Postby StephenH » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:20 am

yeah, Karen i am also thinking that. it's an awesome idea
StephenH

Postby BruceJ » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:07 am

nice idea, we all have to appreciate that.
BruceJ

Return to Projects