[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Lowell Makes Forum • View topic - Mr. Meds

Mr. Meds

Tell us about projects you are working on or you would like to see at Lowell Makes

Mr. Meds

Postby Philip.Colangelo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:12 pm

Hello everybody, I wanted to let everyone know about the projects I am currently working on.

I am participating in an embedded design competition that is part of my Master's course work at Umass Lowell. I am leading a team to build a mobile robot used for medication organization, scheduling, and dispensing. To learn more about the project, you can visit the teams blog here: http://blogs.cornell.edu/cornellcup2014umassdrmeds/

I am also doing my thesis work on the pill dispensing unit used for extracting one pill from an inventory of many. This includes user software to request a prescription, and an embedded design to dispense it.

Feel free to connect with me through email or at Lowell Makes if you'd like to discuss more about it!

Thanks,

- Philip
Philip.Colangelo

Re: Mr. Meds

Postby Jabberwocky » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:43 am

Very cool work Philip. I spent about a year working on a medication adherence device, , so I can respect the challenges involved. Are you using optical scanning to determine which pill is which? If so, I might be able to put you in touch with the people at MedSentry to discuss some of the pitfalls they encountered.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
Jabberwocky

Return to Projects