Greetings and Salutations

Say hi. Introduce yourself. Tell us what you're interested in.

Greetings and Salutations

Postby brianh4242 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:54 pm

Hi there,

I found about Lowell Makes through and thought it looked interesting, so I stopped by today, had the tour, and am signed up as a student member.

I am a student at UMass Lowell enrolled in the EET (Electrical Engineering Technology) program. As you may have guessed I am interested in electronics.

I also have a ham radio license (just tech class, no code) and for the past several years have been attending NEAR (NorthEast Amature Radio) Fest up in Deerfield NH which meets twice a year, and the MIT Flea Market down in Cambridge which meets once a month April through October.

I have also built small working Tesla coils and have an interest in high voltage projects (and the safety necessary around such apparatus).

Also I have had quite a career in the online publishing industry (over a decade) using mostly Perl with XML, MySql, mostly in Linux.

I heard from Mike a couple other people have Tesla coil experience. If you want to collaborate on a design, let me know and we can chat and come up with something. I have lots of parts from over the years that I can bring in.

Here is my youtube channel:
Tesla coil sparks:

Return to Welcome to Lowell Makes